Earn a GU Degree - Submit Your Transcripts

Submitting Your International Transcripts

Applicants must make all appropriate arrangements for providing academic records attesting to their secondary and post-secondary education. Unofficial transcripts can be emailed to the Office of International Affairs for review and admission purposes.  Because it can take a substantial amount of time to obtain records from schools outside the United States, applicants should have legible photocopies of their official academic records.

Official and final transcripts are required when the student arrives on campus.  These must be submitted during your first term of enrollment at the Greenville University (GU).

In instances where official transcripts cannot be obtained, a " Course-by-Course" evaluation from Scholaro, or other NACES member credentialing service may be accepted in place of certain transcripts and degree certificates.

The admissions office may need descriptions of college/university coursework to determine course content and verify that the student has completed required preparatory coursework for the major or college.

We recognize that it may be difficult to obtain official international records in the event of political upheaval or natural disaster. In these rare cases, GU can make considerations for students.

Greenville University (GU) reserves the right to require official academic credentials at any time during the admissions process, and rescind any offer of admission made if discrepancies between unofficial and official transcript(s) are found.

Applicants who are still in secondary/high school

Submit records showing grades for all years of secondary/high school AND official exam results or certificate/diploma. 

Applicants who have attempted at least 30 semester hours (or 45 quarter hours) of college-level transfer credit (either from the U.S. or abroad) are not required to provide secondary school records.

What does GU consider official records?

  • Academic records must be originals or certified copies with the original seal of the issuing institution, or Ministry of Education, signed by an appropriate authority and in a stamped and sealed envelope. Originals or certified copies of these records must be in the institution's original language and must be accompanied by officially certified English translations.

  • If you have in your possession original documents (issued to you upon graduation), you may have them attested and copied by an EducationUSA office or credentialing service that is NACES member.

  • Applicants who are seeking university-level transfer credit for courses completed at an institution outside the U.S. may be required to have their transcripts evaluated by an accredited service NACES member (ex. Scholaro). GU will utilize this evaluation of credit as a guideline and reserves the right to award appropriate credit.

China Credential Services 美华国际教育服务中心

IMPORTANT: Per university policy, submitted application materials become the property of GU and will not be returned.