Special Education Endorsement
Please check the courses tab for dates and registration information.
Educators who desire to enhance their teaching skills and become state qualified to teach exceptional children can complete classes toward the Learning Behavior Specialist (LBS1) endorsement and meet Illinois State Board of Education requirements. The program consists of four courses:
- Diagnostic Assessment for Special Education (3 credits)
- Practicum in Special Education (1 credit)
- Characteristics of Students with Disabilities (3 credits)
- Special Education Methods and Materials (3 credits)
A prerequisite to this course is completion of the Exceptional Child course.
Greenville University's special education curriculum is offered online plus a field experience (practicum) to meet Illinois State Board of Education requirements for special education endorsement.
Have questions? We’d love to talk to you!
New format for the Learning Behavior Specialist 1 endorsement courses
The courses are now online except for the practicum. To enroll, click the "Apply Now" button to complete the guest application.
- EDUC 514 Characteristics of Disabilities 01/21/2019-03/17/2019
- EDUC 518 Diagnostic Assessment 03/18/2019-05/12/2019
- EDUC 511 Special Ed Methods/Materials 03/18/2019-05/12/2019
- EDUC 595 Practicum 03/18/2019-05/12/2019
*The state of Illinois may require additional coursework for any educational endorsement. Students should contact their Regional Office of Education for a transcript review to determine which courses they need to fulfill the full endorsement. Students will also contact their Regional Office of Education to make application for having the endorsement added to their current teaching certificate. An official Greenville College transcript will be required. See this website for information about how to request an official Greenville College transcript after your grades are posted: http://www.greenville.edu/academics/transcript.html.
Please direct your questions to Admissions, 618.664.7100,
Visit the Online Catalog for an explanation of graduation requirements.