Enrich your Teaching and Leadership Skills
The online M.A.T. in Early Childhood and Elementary Education program is designed for working educators with busy schedules.
Our degree program allows you to work closely with expert faculty dedicated to your success. They’ll help you identify a suitable location for your fieldwork hours and student teaching at a local school setting that is convenient for you.
Through classroom learning and hands-on experience, this program teaches you to create developmentally appropriate, child-centered, and play-based activities for young children. You’ll also learn to serve families in the process by helping them engage in their children’s education.
- Gain real-world teaching experience
- Obtain Dual Licensure
- Earn a degree from an ISBE-approved continuing education provider
- No application fee or GMAT/GRE scores required
- Duration: 2 years
- Cost per credit: $488
- Credit hours: 74
Application & Eligibility
Greenville University’s convenient application process for online students makes it easy for you to get on track to meeting your goals. To apply for one of our career-focused degrees, complete the steps below.
- Submit the free online application.
- Work with your enrollment counselor to request official transcripts for any previously attended institutions.
- Graduate students should also:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or other recognized institution from another country.
- Be employed or actively involved in a paid or volunteer position with enough responsibility to complete a capstone project.
- Have a minimum 3.0 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
Additional programmatic requirements may vary. Please visit the admissions section of your chosen degree page for details.
Tuition & Aid
At Greenville University, we believe your degree is an investment in your future. That’s why we work with you to ensure your education is within reach. We are proud to offer competitive tuition and were named among the Top 10 Online Colleges in Illinois for 2021 by Affordable Colleges Online.
Explore how you can make your Greenville University degree more affordable with the options below:
- Military Benefits
- Employee Tuition Benefits
Our dedicated admissions counselors are here to help you through the application process and guide you every step of the way on your journey to GU. They can provide details about financial aid, U.S. military benefits, transfer processes, and more. Contact us by sending a message or call 618-664-7200.
Deepen Your Education
We’re a liberal arts school. That means you get a holistic education that introduces you to many subjects and ideas, helping you grow your interests and skills.
Experience personal growth and plan your career under the guidance of faculty who know your name and cheer your success. GU’s low 11:1 student/faculty ratio and community atmosphere allow professors to invest in their students, and know your strengths and abilities in the field of social work.
Learn to incorporate your faith into both your studies and your career.