Teach Grades One through Six in Illinois
Take the next step in your career and gain the skills you need to teach grades one through six in Illinois with this ISBE-approved, CAEP-accredited graduate degree.
Prepare for success as an elementary school teacher with Greenville University’s online M.A. in Teaching – Elementary Education degree. Graduates of this program can sit for the edTPA exam and pursue initial licensure in the state of Illinois to teach grades one through six.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Illinois is a top employer of elementary teachers nationwide with a median annual salary of $66,140.
- Up to 6 transfer credits accepted
- Design lesson plans around student needs and interests
- 15-week student teaching experience
- No application fee or GRE scores required
- Duration: 2 years
- Cost per credit: $488
- Credit hours: 54
Application & Eligibility
Greenville University’s convenient application process for online students makes it easy for you to get on track to meeting your goals. To apply for one of our career-focused degrees, complete the steps below.
- Submit the free online application.
- Work with your enrollment counselor to request official transcripts for any previously attended institutions.
- Graduate students should also:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or other recognized institution from another country.
- Be employed or actively involved in a paid or volunteer position with enough responsibility to complete a capstone project.
- Have a minimum 3.0 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
Additional programmatic requirements may vary. Please visit the admissions section of your chosen degree page for details.
Tuition & Aid
At Greenville University, we believe your degree is an investment in your future. That’s why we work with you to ensure your education is within reach. We are proud to offer competitive tuition and were named among the Top 10 Online Colleges in Illinois for 2021 by Affordable Colleges Online.
Explore how you can make your Greenville University degree more affordable with the options below:
- Military Benefits
- Alumni Discount
- Employee Tuition Benefits
Our dedicated admissions counselors are here to help you through the application process and guide you every step of the way on your journey to GU. They can provide details about financial aid, U.S. military benefits, transfer processes, and more. Contact us by sending a message or call 618-664-7200.
Deepen Your Education
We’re a liberal arts school. That means you get a holistic education that introduces you to many subjects and ideas, helping you grow your interests and skills.
Experience personal growth and plan your career under the guidance of faculty who know your name and cheer your success. GU’s low 11:1 student/faculty ratio and community atmosphere allow professors to invest in their students, and know your strengths and abilities in the field of social work.
Learn to incorporate your faith into both your studies and your career.