Prepare for success as a licensed educator. Earn a CAEP Accredited and ISBE Approved degree and ability to earn dual licensure.
The online B.S. in Early Childhood Education is designed for students who have an AA or AS degree and want to teach children from birth through grade 2 in the state of Illinois. As a student, you’ll gain hands-on experience in real classrooms, participating in fieldwork with partnering school districts.
Courses in elementary education are built into the curriculum. You can add elementary education licensure to your studies and earn dual licensure in the same amount of time. Students who choose this option are licensed to teach from birth through grade 6 upon degree completion. You can earn your dual licensure in 4.5 Years or less depending on your
The early childhood education program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), distinctions that speak to both career preparation and academic excellence.
Students must have an AA or AS degree from one of Greenville’s five Illinois community college partner institutions for admission to this program:
- Kaskaskia College
- Lake Land Community College
- Lewis and Clark Community College
- Lincoln Land Community College
- Southwestern Illinois College
- Complete 300+ field hours
- Supportive faculty
- Transfer up to 90 credits toward your degree
- No application fee or ACT/SAT scores required
- Duration: 4 years
- Cost per credit: $470
- Credit hours: 120
Application & Eligibility
Greenville University’s convenient application process for online students makes it easy for you to get on track to meeting your goals. To apply for one of our career-focused degrees, complete the steps below.
- Submit the free online application.
- Work with your enrollment counselor to request official transcripts for any previously attended institutions.
- Graduate students should also:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or other recognized institution from another country.
- Be employed or actively involved in a paid or volunteer position with enough responsibility to complete a capstone project.
- Have a minimum 3.0 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
Additional programmatic requirements may vary. Please visit the admissions section of your chosen degree page for details.
Tuition & Aid
At Greenville University, we believe your degree is an investment in your future. That’s why we work with you to ensure your education is within reach. We are proud to offer competitive tuition and were named among the Top 10 Online Colleges in Illinois for 2021 by Affordable Colleges Online.
Explore how you can make your Greenville University degree more affordable with the options below:
- Military Benefits
- Employee Tuition Benefits
Learn more about tuition & aid, and for more financial aid information visit our forms & resources section.
Our dedicated admissions counselors are here to help you through the application process and guide you every step of the way on your journey to GU. They can provide details about financial aid, U.S. military benefits, transfer processes, and more. Contact us by sending a message or call 618-664-7200.