Become a licensed elementary school teacher in two years and advance your career as an educator. Transfer your associate degree credits, earn a bachelor’s degree, and prepare to teach elementary school in Illinois with this CAEP-accredited, ISBE-approved program.
The online Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from Greenville University is designed for students who have an AA or AS degree from one of Greenville’s five Illinois community college partner institutions. You can transfer up to 90 previously earned credits to earn your bachelor’s degree and pursue licensure in just two years.
Our bachelor’s in elementary education online program is delivered in a flexible online learning environment. It takes a faith-based approach to educating young learners and is grounded in Christian values.
Greenville University students have a 99% pass rate on the edTPA exam, surpassing the national average. Because the online elementary education degree is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation and approved by the Illinois State Board of Education, you can be confident you’re earning a credential that’s recognized statewide for academic excellence.
Greenville University has special partnerships with five institutions to allow a seamless transfer of associate degree credits into the B.S. in Elementary Education program. Partners include:
- Kaskaskia College
- Lake Land Community College
- Lewis and Clark Community College
- Lincoln Land Community College
- Southwestern Illinois College
- Up to 90 transfer credits accepted
- 99% edTPA pass rate
- 400 hours of practical classroom experience
- No application fee or ACT/SAT scores required
- Duration: 2 years
- Cost per credit: $470
- Credit hours: 120
Application & Eligibility
Greenville University’s convenient application process for online students makes it easy for you to get on track to meeting your goals. To apply for one of our career-focused degrees, complete the steps below.
- Submit the free online application.
- Work with your enrollment counselor to request official transcripts for any previously attended institutions.
- Graduate students should also:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or other recognized institution from another country.
- Be employed or actively involved in a paid or volunteer position with enough responsibility to complete a capstone project.
- Have a minimum 3.0 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
Additional programmatic requirements may vary. Please visit the admissions section of your chosen degree page for details.
Tuition & Aid
At Greenville University, we believe your degree is an investment in your future. That’s why we work with you to ensure your education is within reach. We are proud to offer competitive tuition and were named among the Top 10 Online Colleges in Illinois for 2021 by Affordable Colleges Online.
Explore how you can make your Greenville University degree more affordable with the options below:
- Military Benefits
- Employee Tuition Benefits
Learn more about tuition & aid, and for more financial aid information visit our forms & resources section.
Our dedicated admissions counselors are here to help you through the application process and guide you every step of the way on your journey to GU. They can provide details about financial aid, U.S. military benefits, transfer processes, and more. Contact us by sending a message or call 618-664-7200.