Engineering Accreditation Information
The BSE in Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria.
ABET is the global accreditor of college and university programs in applied and natural science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology. ABET-accredited programs meet standards in how the programs prepare students to enter critical technical fields that lead the way in innovation, emerging technologies, and anticipating the welfare and safety needs of the public.
Program Educational Objectives
Within five years after graduation, Greenville expects engineering alumni to:
- Be valued for their knowledge, passion, and integrity.
- Be effective in engineering design and application of engineering principles.
- Practice continuous learning.
- Exhibit effective communication skills with peers, clients, management and the public.
- Support the growth of the Greenville Engineering Program.
Graduates of the Engineering program will demonstrate:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
- a commitment to serve the world with passion and integrity that stem from a Christian mind and Christian character.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
Review the enrollment and graduation data for the Engineering, BSE at Greenville University.