Expand your opportunities. Advance your career. Get SET this summer with summer endorsements for teachers.


How to Apply (Transfer)

International students can transfer stress-free to GU

You are welcome here. Transfer students are incredibly important to us at Greenville University, and we want to make the transfer process as convenient as possible.

Applicants to GU undergraduate programs who require non-immigrant student visas will be assessed to ensure they meet the academic and English language proficiency requirements and have the financial resources required.

English Proficiency Requirements: All applicants with F-1 visas and/or foreign academic credentials whose first language is not English must demonstrate adequate English language proficiency in advance of admission.

How to Apply (Transfers)

Submit the online application for International Students and read the Growing and Learning Together Lifestyle Statement carefully before submitting.
Meet our English Proficiency Requirements below:

  • ILETS Score: 6.5
  • TOEFL Score: Internet-based – 79; Paper-based – 550
  • PTE Score: 53
  • Duolingo Score: 110 (no component score below 85)

Send transcripts and supporting materials

Applicants must make appropriate arrangements to provide academic records attesting to their secondary and post-secondary education. Requesting transcripts and records from schools outside the U.S can take a substantial amount of time to be requested and mailed. We encourage applicants to have legible photocopies of their Official Academic Records.

All unofficial transcripts and other forms may be submitted electronically to or mailed to:

Office of International Affairs
Greenville University
315 E. College Ave
Greenville, IL, 62249

Note: Mail ALL Official Transcripts from your high school/secondary school as well as transcripts for ALL college or post-secondary classes.

Submit Official English Proficiency Test scores using one of the codes below:

  • IELTS: Select Greenville University (GU) from the institution list. Scanned score reports with TRF number can be uploaded through your self-service online application center.
  • TOEFL: Use code 1256

Note: International students graduating from a U.S. high school are not required to submit English verification documents.

Additional supporting documents include:

  • Biological Passport Page
  • English Verification documents

The Office of International Affairs receives many applications and supporting documents during the peak admissions period (November-May). Please allow us approximately five business days from receiving your official academic records to process these documents and match them to your application in our system.

Transcript Requirements

Academic records must be originals or certified copies with the original seal of the issuing institution, or Ministry of Education, signed by an appropriate authority and in a stamped and sealed envelope. Originals or certified copies of these records must be in the institution's original language and must be accompanied by officially certified English translations.

Note: Official and final transcripts are required when the student arrives on campus.  

In instances where official transcripts cannot be obtained, a " Course-by-Course" evaluation from Scholaro, or other NACES member credentialing service may be accepted in place of certain transcripts and degree certificates. 

The Office of International Affairs may need descriptions of college/university coursework to determine course content and verify that the student has completed the required preparatory coursework for the major or college. We recognize that it may be difficult to obtain official international records in the event of political upheaval or natural disaster. In these rare cases, GU can make considerations for students.

Applicants who have attempted at least 30 semester hours (or 45 quarter hours) of college-level transfer credit (either from the U.S. or abroad) are not required to provide secondary school records.

IMPORTANT: Greenville University reserves the right to require official academic credentials at any time during the admissions process and rescind any offer of admission made if discrepancies between unofficial and official transcript(s) are found. Per university policy, submitted application materials become the property of GU and will not be returned.

Transfer Credit Evaluation

Transfer credit from a U.S. institution

The Office of International Affairs will provide a transfer credit evaluation for all accepted transfer students and can accept up to 90 possible transfer credits. Unofficial transcript evaluations can be done by GU’s Office of International Admissions for students attending Illinois community colleges and St. Louis area community colleges. GU considers transfer credit from regionally accredited institutions.

Domestic international transfer students can view our transfer credit guide. You can enter or search for your previous school to find equivalent courses. You can eliminate the guesswork and maximize your transfer potential.

Transfer credit from an International institution

Previous college coursework and transfer credits will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to ensure that students get the most out of their program of choice. Applicants who wish to use university-level transfer credit for courses completed at an institution outside the U.S. are required to have their transcripts evaluated "Course-by-Course" through an accredited service for example, Scholaro. 

Scholaro is Greenville University's preferred partner, and students will automatically receive at 10% discount using the Greenville Scholaro website.

 Transcript evaluators include:

GU will use this evaluation of the Course-by-Course credits as a guideline and reserves the right to make decisions about awarding appropriate credit.

Certification of Finances

Submit the completed Certification of Finances along with supporting bank statements and sponsor’s information.

Tuition & Fees Worksheet 

View our complete financial worksheet. 

After Acceptance

Once you’ve been accepted into Greenville University, your next step is to submit your $300 USD deposit/fee. This fee is to secure your place at Greenville and $200 USD will be applied to your semester tuition bill, and $100 USD is the Immigration Document Mailing fee. The deposit is payable by check, credit card, money order, or wire transfer via Flywire. Instructions for using Flywire can be found here. (need link)

An International Admission Counselor will mail you the materials you need to apply for your F-1 student visa. Learn more about receiving your I-20 form

Contact Us
For further assistance, contact the Office of International Affairs.

Ready for your next steps?