Expand your opportunities. Advance your career. Get SET this summer with summer endorsements for teachers.


How to Apply (Undergraduate)

Experience. The Difference with Us.

/Applicants to GU undergraduate programs who require non-immigrant student visas will be assessed to ensure that they meet the requirements for academics and English language proficiency and have the financial resources required.

English Proficiency Requirements: All applicants with F-1 visas and/or foreign academic credentials whose first language is not English must demonstrate adequate English language proficiency in advance of admission.

How to Apply (Freshman)

Submit the online application for International Students and read the Growing and Learning Together Lifestyle Statement carefully before submitting.
Meet our English Proficiency Requirements below:

  • ILETS Score: 6.5
  • TOEFL Score: Internet-based – 79; Paper-based – 550
  • PTE Score: 53
  • Duolingo Score: 110 (no component score below 85)

Send transcripts and supporting materials

Applicants must make appropriate arrangements to provide academic records attesting to their secondary education. Applicants who are still in secondary/high school should submit records showing grades for all years of secondary/high school AND official exam results or certificate/diploma. Requesting transcripts and records from schools outside the U.S can take a substantial amount of time to be requested and mailed. We encourage applicants to have legible photocopies of their Official Academic Records.

All unofficial transcripts and other forms may be submitted electronically to or mailed to:

Office of International Affairs
Greenville University
315 E. College Ave
Greenville, IL, 62249

Note: Mail ALL Official Transcripts from your high school/secondary school. 

Submit official English Proficiency Test scores using one of the codes below:

  • IELTS: Select Greenville University (GU) from the institution list. Scanned score reports with TRF number can be uploaded through your self-service online application center.
  • TOEFL: Use code 1256

Note: International students graduating from a U.S. high school are not required to submit English verification documents.

Additional supporting include:

  • Biological Passport Page
  • English Verification documents

The Office of International Affairs receives many applications and supporting documents during the peak admissions period (November-May). Please allow us approximately 5 business days from the date we receive your official academic records to process these documents and match them to your application in our system.

Transcript Requirements

Academic records must be originals or certified copies with the original seal of the issuing institution, or Ministry of Education, signed by an appropriate authority and in a stamped and sealed envelope. Originals or certified copies of these records must be in the institution's original language and must be accompanied by officially certified English translations.

Note: Official and final transcripts are required when the student arrives on campus.

IMPORTANT: Greenville University reserves the right to require official academic credentials at any time during the admissions process and rescind any offer of admission made if discrepancies between unofficial and official transcript(s) are found. Per university policy, submitted application materials become the property of GU and will not be returned. 

Certification of Finances

Submit the completed Certification of Finances along with supporting bank statements and sponsor’s information.

Tuition & Fees Worksheet 

View our complete financial worksheet. 

After Acceptance

Once you’ve been accepted into Greenville University, your next step is to submit your $300 USD deposit/fee. This fee is to secure your place at Greenville and $200 USD will be applied to your semester tuition bill, and $100 USD is the Immigration Document Mailing fee. The deposit is payable by check, credit card, money order, or wire transfer via Flywire. Instructions for using Flywire can be found here. (need link)

An International Admission Counselor will mail you the materials you need to apply for your F-1 student visa. Learn more about receiving your I-20 form.

Contact Us: for further assistance, contact the Office of International Affairs.

University News

GU strength coach to launch Powerlifting Club

Scott Voyles has been on the job less than six months as Greenville University’s strength and conditioning coach. In that short time, however, he’s worked...

Dave Bell  |  January 12, 2024

Ready for your next steps?