Dr. Faith Marie Nava
Study Abroad CoordinatorYear Started at GU: 2014
Office: Alumni House
Email: [email protected]
Areas of Responsibility:
Adjunct Professor for the Language, Literature and Culture (LLC) Department.
Her personal philosophy of education drives Nava to share her gifts and expertise with her students each and every day. With twelve years of experience in teaching and bilingual interpreting, Nava knows first-hand what it means to both lead and to assist. She strives to possess these six key elements to good leadership:
1) To be a person of encouragement and to see God’s potential for people and their gifts.
2) To be humble and focused on others’ needs and interests, collaborating with people that have gifts different from her own.
3) To build relationships, creating opportunities for discussion and future growth.
4) To be patient and understanding with the struggles of others.
5) To be a woman of integrity and faith in all circles of life.
6) To understand and uphold Greenville's Mission to empower students to have transformed lives through Christ-centered education
Publications and Presentations
"Motivando estudiantes de español en su aprendizaje del idioma," Avance Spanish Language Educators Conference, June, 2014, Mexico City.
La Lírica urbana y folklórica como huella de la literatura popular mexicana, at the Congreso Internacional de Literatura Hispánica, Cartagena, Colombia, March 2014.
"Las diferencias en los tiempos verbales en
pasado para estudiantes de español como segunda lengua." Avance Spanish Language Educators Conference, July, 2013, Mexico City.
"Pedagogía del idioma español como segunda lengua." Avance Spanish Language Educators Conference, July, 2013, Mexico City.
“Juan Rulfo y Elena Poniatowska, una vislumbre de género a la literatura mexicana,” at the Congreso Internacional de Literatura Hispánica, Santo Domingo, República Dominicana, March 2013.
Ya no llamas” at the Congreso Internacional de Literatura Hispánica, Cuzco, Peru, March 2012.
“Metodologías de la Enseñanza y Procesos Cognitivos en el Aprendizaje de un Segundo Idioma.” Avance Spanish Language Educators Conference, Mexico City, June, 2012.
Understanding Your Child’s EQ and Their Learning Styles, Parent Education Seminar, Guadalajara, Mexico. (January 2009)
Master’s Thesis: Second Language Teaching Methodologies and Their Impact on Students’ Motivation, Bethel University. (May 2008)
Teaching and Learning for ESL Students, Lincoln
School Bilingual Presenter, Guadalajara, Mexico. (January 2008)
AVANCE Spanish Program in Mexico City with United World Mission
Congreso Internacional de Literatura Hispánica
Over 12 years of experience in teaching and bilingual interpreting.