News - Updates to COVID-19 protocols for fall 2021
Updates to COVID-19 protocols for fall 2021
Greenville University is excited to welcome students back to campus this fall. We are dedicated to providing a safe, experiential learning environment in person for all students. Our students, faculty, and staff showed excellence in character all throughout the last school year and we plan to continue to operate with an expectation of personal responsibility from everyone in our college community.
The following includes updated COVID-19 guidelines for GU's fall 2021 semester:
- To date, GU is not mandating the COVID vaccine for students living on campus, or for faculty and staff participating in our community.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, GU encourages students and employees to be vaccinated before returning to campus. The vaccine is widely available, and we will have clinics onsite to make sure it is accessible for those who choose to participate.
- Students do not have to mask when outdoors. Students should mask indoors when they cannot maintain six-foot distance, whether they have been vaccinated or not. In the Dining Commons, wearing a mask is required for obtaining food.
- If a student is contact traced following a positive case on campus, they will be asked to provide proof of the COVID-19 vaccination in order to remain out of quarantine.
- We suggest students bring a mask with them in case the state or county enforces mask wearing. GU will likewise have masks available on campus.
- GU will conduct symptomatic COVID-19 testing through the health clinic on campus.
- GU will have surveillance saliva testing for all unvaccinated individuals which will be required one time a week located on the 3rd floor of the library.
- If conditions on campus change, or if county or state mandates change, GU will increase surveillance saliva testing as we did last school year. GU is prepared to put other mitigations in place as needed.
- All campus activities and athletics are expected to return to normal. GU adheres to NCAA guidelines for sporting events and will provide updates if there are changes.
- GU is in regular partnership with our local health department officials.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Community Life: [email protected].
Note: additional specific communication will be forthcoming for chapel, the dining commons, and residence life areas.